Sunday, January 10, 2010

oldies & back into the swing of things :) rockin.

Has anyone ever listened to songs that are made today in the 21st Century and thought.."man, they just don't make music like in the 60's and 70's!" Well I have thought that for years now. Today it seems that music is just made to make money. Any artist who is " "uncovered" today is more likely then not just an average jane or joe who can't really sing.. but looks good, so they digitally alter the heck out of them. Then, once they make it big because the can shake it or whatever, they hold concerts. And this is when fans become immensely disappointed because  they sound nothing like the CD. My solution, listen to the good stuff, the classics, the never dying stuff. The music that was made when people listened to music to feel emotions, feel the beat feel the lyrics feel the sound. Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, AC/DC, Eric Clapton, The Plastic Ono Band... the good stuff that made you want to groove. These are the bands that will never die... sure there are VERY few who have that sound today... Modest Mouse, Phish, Band of Horses, Widespread Panic, Tea Leaf Green, Vampire Weekend...etc. I just wish music was about the love of music and not the love of money! There is what constantly bugs me out in the open hahaha.

NOW to the swing of things... as many may know..or not, I have been SOOOO very sick. Unfortunately this sickness was in fact caused by my boyfriend. I just can't help to kiss him! I took my risk, so my consequences were gray..but it was SO worth it hahaha. HOWEVER tomorrow (or technically today since it is 12:08 A.M.)Andrew and I are taking our shot at the gym. We missed 4 days.. well kind of. We attempted to go Friday but failed miserably because we still had the sickness. So Monday is the day to get back into the swing of things... my body misses the running and work out. SO back to the norm for school..ick to school hooray for healthy bodies and no more skipped gym days..



Peace & love dear friends. I need to catch 1000 Z's before the gym. NIGHT groovy gals & dudes.




1 comment:

  1. HURRAY!! no more sickness! and AMEN to the music rant! music is wonderful and serves such an important purpose in my life! <3 you! have fun at the gymmm!! im starting my work out regimen back today as well! yay for being healthy! GOOD LUCK TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete